Friday, January 15, 2010

An Uphill Battle

Having recently had a baby (12 weeks ago), I am facing the "Uphill Battle" of losing all of this pregnancy weight. After I had Saeler, the pounds just seemed to melt off! Thanks to breast-feeding, I was at my lowest weight (as an adult) just three and a half months after giving birth! I had a buy a whole new wardrobe of size 4 and size 6 pants (my smallest EVER!)! I was pretty happy with my post-pregnancy body...but then, I stopped nursing and the pounds slowly started to pile back on. I plataued at a certain unmentioned number and was ok with where my body was.
Then February of last year, I found out I was pregnant again! I was determined to stay under or at least not gain any more than what I did with my pregnancy with Saeler. And I did...I only gained 30 pounds with Axylle! I fully expected my body to do exactly what it did before and bounce back quickly with a rockin' post baby body...however...Axylle is now 12 weeks old and I still have about 20 pounds to lose! My skinny jeans are packed in a box with no hopes of getting out any time soon. :( I would love to work out, but it would require me to wake up VERY early in the morning, which I tried for about a week and was terribly unsuccessful. The only other option would be to work out when Aaron gets home, but that's not really an option if I want to spend any time with him before he has to go to bed (he leaves for work at 5 AM!). Either way, I've got to do something!
We recently purchased a boat, and you'd think that the idea of me having to be in a swimming suit probably by at least May would motivate me enough to get going...but unfortunately, it hasn't. If only there were a couple more hours in the day! But there aren't. So I'm just going to have to develop some self discipline, wake up early, and start losing this weight! I'll start...tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christina! Boy oh boy - trying to lose weight is just the pits, isn't it? I've gained 30 pounds (30 POUNDS!) since I got MARRIED! What's that all about?!?!?! I don't even have a sweet baby to blame it on! I'm dieting now - 12 pounds down, 18 to go! I'll pray for you on your pre-baby-weight journey! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete